Drain camera inspections and locating
Video cameras have become one of the most valuable tools in plumbing business especially waterproof cameras allow for a visual inspection of sewer lines and other pipes that are underground, in cement and under your home’s foundation to identify all types of problems, such as root intrusion and pipe that is misaligned, broken, punctured, off-grade or corroded, grease buildup, leaks and obstructions.
A professionally trained and skilled technician inserts a flexible rod with a high-resolution video camera on its tip into pipes from 2 inches to 36 inches in diameter. The flexible rod allows the camera to travel through the pipe even around corners to see through the entire pipe and allow the technician to determine the problem of the inside pipe and permanently saved the images of the pipe for record. The camera will also record the depth and physical location from the surface so that technician will get the problem solved ontime and at minimum cost. So, once problem is fixed, technician will again inspect through the pipe to verify that the line has been properly cleaned or repaired.
Additionally, video inspection can be used for a variety of applications such as:
- Locating and examining valves
- Inspecting pipe walls and liners
- Inspecting welds
- Identifying illegal connections
- Assessing corrosion of metal pipes
- Locating blockages or debris
- Investigating abnormal flow conditions
- Assessing a problem site in order to help plan repairs
- Locate lost jewelry and other valuables
- Animals that have become lost or trapped in pipes.